Mac / HDMI / mini-DisplayPort / DVI-I / PCIe
Throw your Mac into overdrive
The HD 7950 Mac Edition is based on AMD's latest Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture. This highly acclaimed architecture delivers a significant graphics performance boost for Mac Pro users in a wide range of applications including gaming, audio or video editing and content creation. For example, gaming frame rates are increased by over 200%, general benchmark performance increased by around 30% and graphics intensive benchmarks increased by as much as 300% compared with the NV 8800GT commonly used in these machines.
The HD 7950 Mac Edition is compatible with Apple Mac Pro models from 2009 and later with an available PCI-Express x16 slot. Two six-pin power cables required are supplied with the card. A driver disk is provided which enables the card to be used with Mac OS X 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.2 (Mountain Lion) or later.
The HD 7950 Mac Edition can also be used in the latest PC architectures. It has Dual Firmware support via a simple Firmware (Dual BIOS) switch. In one position the Sapphire HD 7950 Mac Edition supports Mac OS X/Windows under non-UEFI compliant mode and in the other it supports Windows with UEFI hybrid firmware enabled. A Windows driver disk is also included.
28 nm GCN (Graphic Core Next) Architecture
The new and 28nm GCN Architecture with more efficient process technology puts more transistors in less space, enabling a dramatic increase in Processing Power. Crank the settings, devastate your enemies and bear witness to absurdly high frame rates with AMD Radeon HD7000 series graphics card-DirectX 11 has never looked this good. Maximum setting and crazy performance shouldn't be a compromise. The AMD Radeon HD7900 Series with the new 28 nm GCN Architecture assures that it's not.
AMD HD3D Technology
Enjoy the most immersive experience possible with full support for High Definition Stereoscopic 3D, a technique that presents 2D images (movies, games, photos) in a format that creates the illusion of three-dimensional depth when using compatible 3D displays / glasses / software.
AMD Stream Technology
Accelerate the most demanding applications with AMD Stream technology and do more with your PC. AMD Stream Technology allows you to use the teraflops of compute power locked up in your graphics processer on tasks other than traditional graphics such as video encoding, at which the graphics processor is many, many times faster than using the CPU alone.
OpenGL 4.2 improves the GPU efficiency by improving the shader process operation and capturing GPU tessellated geometry. The process of modifying an arbitrary subset of compress texture is also simplified. The memory management in handling shaders is more efficient as well.
Dolby TrueHD and DTSHD Master Audio Support
Support for copy protected, high bandwidth, 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI. Get a fully immersive, high definition audio experience with the latest Blu-ray movies. (Requires a DVI to HDMI dongle on some models, an HD capable monitor and a Blu-ray drive)
• HDMI (with 3D) - Support for Deep Color, 7.1 High Bitrate Audio, and 3D Stereoscopic, ensuring the highest quality Blu-ray and video experience possible from your PC.
• Mini-DisplayPort - Enjoy the benefits of the latest generation display interface, DisplayPort. With the ultra high HD resolution, the graphics card ensures that you are able to support the latest generation of LCD monitors.
• Dual-Link DVI-I - Equipped with the most popular Dual Link DVI (Digital Visual Interface), this card is able to display ultra high resolutions of up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz.
• Advanced GDDR5 Memory Technology - GDDR5 memory provides twice the bandwidth per pin of GDDR3 memory, delivering more speed and higher bandwidth.
• Anti-aliasing featuresSupports advanced AA (Anti-aliasing) features to maximise your enjoyment of high definition gaming.
• Windows SupportIntegrate with Windows Vista or later to deliver the best 3D graphics control.
• Dual Firmware SupportVia Firmware switch controller, HD 7950 Mac Edition supports Mac OS X/Windows under non-UEFI compliant mode, or Windows under UEFI hybrid firmware enabled.
• 2 Year OWC Fulfilled Limited Warranty
• HDMI (with 3D)
• 2x Mini-DisplayPort
• 1x Dual-Link DVI-I
GPU: 800MHz Core Clock, 28nm Chip, 1792 x Steam Processors
Video Memory: 3072MB, 384-bit GDDR5, 5000MHz Effective
DisplayPort: 3840x2160 Maximum resolution per display (requires 10.9 or higher for best performance. 4K playback support only, does not support 4K editing)
Dual Link DVI: 2560x1600 Maximum resolution
HDMI 1.4a: 3840x2160 Maximum resolution
10.8.2 or later
Optical drive (for installing drivers where necessary)