View a remote machine’s desktop like you were sitting right in front of a connected display
Running your Mac or PC “headless” (no keyboard, mouse or monitor) is a great way to turn a machine into a network file and/or media server. Small form factor machines like the Mac mini or Intel NUC – as well the compact cylindrical Mac Pro 2013 - are ideal for placing into a space confined closet or rack. Remote accessing these machines used to mean being limited to viewing a hard to view, low resolution screen…even if you used an older monitor connected to the remote machine. With the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator, you can now break free of limited 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 resolution headaches when accessing macOS, Windows, and Linux machines remotely while viewing the desktop with up to full 4K 4096 x 2160 resolution.
Remote viewing options
- Operate machine headless and accept the resolution the machine will deliver. Uncertain and possibly frustrating outcome because various machines and/or operating systems will default in to lowest possible resolution and perhaps no display at all.
- Use older monitor but be limited to low resolution display. Far from ideal.
- Use newer, high resolution monitor. Cost prohibitive for the limited use.
- Use extremely affordable, benchmark tested proven NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator and enjoy up to 4096 x 2160 Ultra High Definition resolution.
Maintains App Investment with Full Graphics Performance
If you have a substantial investment in earlier versions of creative production apps like Illustrator, InDesign, Creative Suite, and Final Cut Pro X, you know you need to run a Mac OS version that supports them. But, trying to use those apps remotely on a headless machine running OSX 10.12.x (Sierra) and earlier can cause choppy images and mouse lags because the GPU isn’t activated in those OS versions. Plugging the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator into an open HDMI interface on your machine is the solution to eliminate hampered performance and a small desktop.
Easy to Use and Install
Using and installing the NewerTech HDMI Headless 4K Display Emulator might possibly be the easiest computing related task you’ve done. There’s no driver downloads or configuration… simply plug it into an open HDMI port on your remote Mac or PC and it immediately enables full performance capability on demand.
Real World Uses
- Are you a server admin? Install software, reboot, and run updates while viewing your progress just like you normally would on a directly connected display.
- Early adopter? Use a VR headset without needing a connected display.
- Compatibility testing an app or website? Easily remote into an older machine and operating system.
*4096 x 2160 achieved with MacPro6,1 (December 2013) and Mac mini8,1 (Late 2018) running macOS Mojave 10.14.5